Performance Team Handbook 2016-2017
PERFORMANCE TEAM AGREEMENT AND HANDBOOK
Performance Team Director
Paisley Bishop and Carmen Hughey
Performance Team Facebook Page
Performing Arts Company PRIDE Values
- P-assion: PAC Members share a passion for dance and enjoy sharing their passion with others through community performance..
- R-espect: PAC members will respect their instructors, classmates, and ALL ALICAT students by being the best leader they can be.
- I-ndependent: Being a PAC member not only means working as a TEAM but also doing what is needed away from the team as well.
- D-edication: PAC members are 100% dedicated to the PAC. Only Church, Family (death or illness), and School should come in front of the PAC.
- E-xcellence: PAC members will strive for excellence in everything they do, both at dance and away. PAC members will not settle for anything but their best!
- Costume fees are around $80.00 for each dance. (This is for Spring)
- Warm up jackets will be mandatory for all Performance Team Members. Jackets must be purchased by November 1st. Dance Bags will be available but are not mandatory.Cost is $150.00
- Performance Team is encouraged to attend the conventions the company will be attending. This is NOT mandatory! Conventions run around $250.00. We will be attending 2 as a studio and having an in-house convention. One in the Fall, one in the Spring, and one in the Summer.
- MAKE UP NEW: We are using makeup made by a company called Yofi. The Minimum Kit will be around $45.00 The FULL Kit if desired is $65.00. This will need to be purchased by the January show. You will be able to purchase it online.
- Working on the order form and link CHECK BACK SOON!
- Performance team will ALWAYS be required to be in FULL Hair and MAKEUP at all performances. Hair is a high ponytail.
- All Performance Team is required to be in at least 2 classes.
We expect Performance team to be leader in the studio! One thing we expect is them to be dressed in proper dress code for all classes. The dress code is as follows.
- Ballet: Hair in Bun, Leotard, and tights, proper shoes. Junk must be OFF by end of first exercise without being told.
- Jazz: Leotard, Tights, May wear spandex shorts, Hair SECURELY off face, no loose pony tails! Proper shoes
- Hip Hop: Hair up, sweats or shorts, tank or T-shirt, over dance clothes, proper shoes
- Tumbling: Leotard, tights, bare feet Hair SECURELY off face, no loose pony tails!
- Tap/clogging: Leotard, tights, hair up, bottoms are ok as long as they do not go too far below the shoes.
- Leaps and Turns: Leotard, Tights, May wear spandex shorts, Hair SECURELY off face, no loose pony tails! Proper shoes
***Secure Hair means that it will not easily fall out requiring a re-do every 10-15 minutes! If a bun is the best, than please wear a bun!
Please read these carefully WITH your dancer! We will have a large version where each parent and dancer will sign. It will remain in the studio so it can be referenced by everyone.
ALICATS Dancers/Parents Competition & Performance Expectations
* Performance Team Members/Parents are responsible for purchasing under garments, costumes, shoes and make-up.
* Each Dancer is responsible for their own Costume, Make-Up and Dance Items when at Performances. It is the Dancers Responsibility to have all items of their completed costumes for a performance or show. If there are any missing pieces of costume or wrong shoes, no makeup, no jewelry… dancer will NOT perform.
* Dancers MUST arrive to Performances, Conventions, and shows at instructed times. Usually one hour to one and a half hours before show time.
* Dancers MUST always show respect to other dancers and stay until Team Performances are over.
* During Performance Team Events All Dancers will be expected to… Behave, Rehearse, and Perform with their BEST EFFORT AT ALL TIMES. If any dancer acts inappropriate he/she WILL be asked to Leave.
* Dancers/Parents are to Stay HUMBLE! Definition: Having or showing a modest or low estimate of one’s own importance.
Dancer and Parent Attendance/ Class Behavior expectations
* The ACDM PAC is a FULL year Commitment and will perform year round, so year round enrollment in all required classes is MANDATORY. (INCLUDING SUMMER)
* All dancers will treat each other and their teachers with kindness and respect. Dancers will not critique each other or give corrections; this is the teacher’s job. Any dancer that creates conflict in the classroom could be subject to dismissal from the team.
* All Team Rehearsals and Performances are required by all members regardless of participation in the performance. If you can not make one, please notify the desk ASAP.
* Until the choreography is complete, dancers that miss class may be choreographed out of the section that they have missed. It is the dancer’s responsibility to learn any missed choreography outside of class.
* More than two Unexcused absences in any class, Dancer MAY be pulled from next performance depending on date.
* There are 3 reasons accepted to miss dance; 1) Faith 2) Family 3) School. Regardless, ALL Absences must be reported at least 1 week in advance. If you are sick the DANCER must Call in order to be excused. If injured you should be at class watching.
Call the desk at 678-989-0333
* All Dancers are required to attend ALL REHEARSALS AND DANCE CLASSES the Week of a Performance or Competition or Dancer may not be able to PERFORM. No excuses! All absences MUST be approved!
* Please allow yourself plenty of time to arrive to class on time as classes will start sharply, if you have a time conflict with your child’s class please notify the studio and make arrangements.
* Shoes should be on and ready to go if it is your first class of the day. If not then you should be hurrying to get your shoes on to get to the next class. It shouldn’t take you longer than 2 minutes to be ready for the next class.
* During Team Rehearsals and technique classes All Dancers will be expected to treat each class as an audition… Behave, Rehearse, and Perform with their BEST EFFORT AT ALL TIMES. If dancer acts inappropriate during class he/she WILL be asked to sit out, until ready to join class. No Dancer is to leave the studio until class time is over.
* Dancers will not be given “Water Breaks” and should be bringing bottles of water with them to class. No Other beverages will be allowed in the studio.
* Dancers will need to Use the restroom BETWEEN classes not in the middle of class
* Dance is an Art! It requires an OPEN mind and a POSITIVE attitude. You may not always understand the vision of the choreographer, but their job is to have the vision, yours as a dancer is to fulfill it!
* Being a Leader! Help the non team members, or younger dancers. They look to the PAC to see how to act! Show them love and kindness along with your fellow team members!
* WORRY ABOUT YOU! Make sure YOU are doing things right and let the instructor correct the others. But be mindful that you just might be doing something wrong too! Even if it feels right to you.
* NO TALKING an instructor should NEVER have to say stop talking in their class. If there is down time that is your time to perfect the move you struggle with or work on a correction that was given to you. It is NOT Chat time.
* When at a Team performance all Team members should be cheering each other on! We need to encourage each other to be the best we can be!
* ALICAT Dancers are expected to maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher. If class work is failing you may be dismissed from the Team by either Miss Alison or the Parents and ALICATS will support the parents decision. Please do this AFTER a performance or show as to not disrupt the other students who have worked hard.
* Dancers/Parents are to check e-mail EACH WEEK for upcoming information on Events, Rehearsal Schedules, Performances or Newsletters.
Performance Team Costume
Performance team will be purchasing a package that includes:
This will be the costume for our performances!
The total for the package is $150.00
Orders must be placed by January 1st!
They will need Tan Jazz Shoes.
Conventions are a great opportunity for your dancer to learn from some of the top choreographers in the world. Dancers take classes from 8am-3pm (schedule may change) Saturday and Sunday. Tremaine offers classes in all types of dance. Dancers are able to audition for scholarships to attend the following year FREE as well as other great prizes. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn the audition process for future auditions. Our company dancers will be attending and competing at Tremaine. It is not mandatory for Performance Team to attend, however you are welcome!
SPRING Convention is Jump!
Jump is May 5-7
Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
165 Courtland Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Cost is : $260.00 for Ages 8 and up
Jumpstart for ages 5-7
Is for 2 hald days of convention!
Tuition is $190 and includes 1 Jumpstart only observer band.
All other observer bands are: $40.00
Additional Jumpstart Observer bands are $20
All fees must be paid to the front desk by April 1st!
How do I get On the Team?
Auditions will be held Wednesday December 7th 6:00-7:30pm and Friday December 9th, 6:30-8:00pm. You can pick which day you wish to audition. Dancers will be auditioning in the age bracket they fit into, and then placed in the group decided on by staff. All Performance Team members must be enrolled in two or more classes for Fall.
How will auditions work?
Dancers will be given numbers as they arrive and register for auditions.
The audition will be mostly Jazz with a little bit of Hip Hop.
Our Staff will be teaching the auditions and judging.
Judges score the dancers based on technique, classroom behavior, and performance.
The scores mixed with the instructors reviews will determine the Performance Team for 2016-2017
Dancers will also be asked to write a one page essay “What makes you a good leader and how will you be a good leader by joining the PAC?”
his should be turned in at auditions when registering. It can be typed or hand written.
What is Expected of a Performance Team Dancer?
Please READ the Performance Team Handbook!
Do we HAVE to perform out?
YES! That is the point of the Performance Team! We will be performing at local festivals, parades, and community events. You will have the option to sign up for these events in advance. You MUST participate in at least 5 events to maintain your spot on Performance Team.
Do we Compete?
Performance Team will not compete, however have the option of attending the conventions that the Company will be attending. One in the Fall and one in the Spring.
Do we have to be in Ballet, Jazz, or Hip Hop?
No, however you do have to be in at least 2 classes in order to maintain your spot on performance team.
Do I have to dance in the Summer?
You will be required to take at least one class over the summer, as well as participate in the Performance Team Intensive where you will learn your routines that will be performed out for the entire year!
What are the Costs of Performance Team?
Winter Intensive Camp is: $159.00
*Current Team members will not need to pay but are invited to come!
Costume will be $80.00 (or close to it)
Warm ups and Spirit wear $150.00
Tuition will be determined by the classes you take.